Sunday, March 18, 2007

March 18, 2007

What a lazy day. Wet snow and sometimes rain here in Cooks Creek. Temperature is in around the freezin mark. Not much goin on except sitting around readin and enjoyin each other’s company and waitin for supper. House is full of supper cookin smell. Roast chicken, one of our own broilers we raised last year. Big fella. As big as a small turkey. Then gingerbread and whipped cream for desert. Whole family will sit down for supper together. It ain’t goin to get any better than that in my book. This is what I work for, what I strive for. This is what the good life means to me. If I were offered this or a billion dollars I would take this in a heartbeat. Wouldn’t even have to think about it.

The wife and I are readin a book called Better Off. It is about a young couple who went to live in an Amish Community. At least I think they were Amish. They call them Minimites (to protect their identity). If they are not Amish their life style parallels the old Amish ways. We spent the afternoon readin and takin it easy. Actually the wife did the readin and I listened. Very enjoyable way to spend a dreary wet almost spring day. Officially spring comes next week. Looks like we will still have a good snow pack when it does arrive. We would have to get some real warm weather for this amount of snow to disappear before the end of the week. If it did go that fast we would have some major floodin. No, lets hope it goes slow and easy. People don’t need the hassle but then again it ain’t for me to determine.

Back to work tomorrow. I was on vacation for the last week lookin after my youngest daughter. She is doin great and almost back to her old self after the operation. She will be back to school tomorrow too. Suppose she will have some major catchin up to do.

I will end this deal with a ya might be a red neck joke. Because I am such a hick people tell me these jokes all the time so here goes.

If your wife has to get ya to remove the transmission parts from the tub so she can take a bath, ya might be a red neck.

Actually that one hit pretty close to home.

Talk to ya all real soon.

2 comments:

Lynn Bartlett said...

Your jokes reinforce my thought that you would get along very well with my younger brother! Glad your daughter is doing well.

Chris said...

Guy,
Thanks for the comment on my blog, surely you have geese by this time, they are so thick here it reminds me of the stories about the old passenger pigeons years ago, or maybe the buffalo herds on the plains back before people moved in. I love the time when the geese come back because it means spring is finally here!
My generator project is great, I fixed the alternator and then promptly put it on the shelf and used the permanent magnet motor instead. So far I need to run the little engine for about 6 hours a week and I use all of the power I want without running low. The thing I like about the PMM is I can run the engine at just above an idle speed to get the power I need instead of high RPM with the alternator, it also acts as an electric start on the engine so I just flip a light switch in the house and everything comes on automatically without me having to do anything else. This set up uses hardly any fuel and is running really well so far.
I hope all is well up there across the border, spring is in the air and I am happily going to work on the long list of farm things!
Chris