Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday here in Cooks Creek. Just got back from church. As I mentioned in a previous post a bunch (4 or 5) of churches got together this mornin and had a church service together followed by a lunch. Very enjoyable. It was great to be able to be a part of a celebration like that. It was at the Oakbank Baptist Church. In the world of churchs it is probably kind of small. In the Cooks Creek world it was huge. My family was blessed to be able to fellowship and be a part of this celeabration of Christians in the Sprinfield area. Now what to do for the rest of the day. Oldest daughter is going ridin. Youngest daughter is bakin a Paska. She just ran out of the house to the coop because she realized she didn't have any eggs (We got cleaned out of eggs this week, havin to turn many of our customers away empty handed). Doesn't say much for my farmin ability when a chicken farmer doesn't have any eggs. Oh, she just came back in. She has three and says that will be enough for her Paska. Kind of neat to be able to run a hundred feet and get your needs. I should start up the tractor and clean the corrals again. As the snow melts, more and more manure shows itself. If we don't keep it cleaned up the horses will roll in it and makes an awful mess. Wife is takin a nap in the chair next to me. Pretendin she is readin but I am pretty sure ya can't read with your eyes closed. At least I never could. That church service and lunch must of tuckered her out. Poor ol gal. Can't keep up to us young uns. Maybe I will go and play some catch with my son. Hhe has signed up for baseball this year and is tryin to improve his skills since he hasn't played before. That is what I am going to do. Garret grab your glove and ball and lets go play some catch. Talk to ya all later. Happy Easter, Jesus has risen and because of it we have eternal life. Now there is something to celebrate.

Guy

No comments: