Thursday, December 14, 2006

Nothin to Complain About

Here it is Thursday nite. Got me a cup of coffee and some gospel bluegrass tunes playin on this ol computer. No complaining tonite. I am feelin good and nothin is going to ruin that.

How do you all make your coffee? We used to have one of those drip coffee deals. But as with everything I broke the pot. Went to buy a new pot and needed to take a mortgage out on the farm. So I got one of those old blue enamel coffeepots. Makes the best coffee. Smells good too when it is brewing. I remember when I was just a little kid this ol timer used to make coffee that way. He would put a sugar cube in his mouth and drink the coffee through the sugar cube. Now, when you’re a small kid any reason to put sugar cubes in your mouth was a good thing. I didn’t care for the coffee but if you eat a dozen sugar cubes with every cup it weren’t too bad.

The weather here has been unreal. Warm temperatures have been a nice break from winter. Really, we haven’t had any winter yet so then I should say it should shorten the winter up real good. Next week is Christmas. Can you believe it is here already? Seems we just got the young uns started in their school year a couple of weeks ago. I guess that is what happens when you are busy. Life passes by at a good clip. We are busy around here. I am building some Christmas gifts for the girls in my shop. Won’t say what they are because I know there is one little Miss that reads this blog at school. Remember girls, Dad’s shop is out of bounds until after Christmas. Wife is still workin on the quilt. Says it will be done this weekend. Man, that thing sure took a pile of time. We got our tree up. Not a real big tree but nice all the same. We went to my youngest daughter’s band concert last nite. Very enjoyable. Some of those kids can sure make those instruments sing. These are kids 12 or 13 years old. The practice that has gone into makin music like that is no small deal. It amazes me how those band teachers get 100 kids to play music like that. I have a hard time getting one little fella to take a bath. What’s with that? How come little boys hate baths so much? Anyone know the answer to that one? It was my wife’s birthday yesterday. My daughters were goin to make a cake but I picked one up on the way home from work instead. We had it with coffee after the concert. Her Mom and Dad and Sister dropped by after the concert for a visit and cake. My wife is a twin with her Sister so there were two birthdays to celebrate. Anyway, we made short work of that ol cake. This weather has the layers all goofy. Some have started to molt again which means egg production is down. One of our customers has been after us for some stewing hens. She may just get those hens this year yet.

I got some more stuff I want to talk about but it is getting late. Have to get up at 5:15 am. Last day of work for the week and not a minute too soon. Talk to ya all later. Remember, if they don’t find ya handsome they should at least find ya handy (Red Green).

2 comments:

Lynn Bartlett said...

Belated birthday greetings to your wife! Nice weather for us as well, but tomorrow is supposed to have wind gusts up to 45 mph. Yesterday I drove to a city 1-1/2 hours away, and came home after dark and was entertained by the most beautiful Northern Lights I have ever seen. Did you see them up your way? (Is Red Green that dumb PBS show that my Dad likes and I never wanted to watch??)

Goodolboy said...

Thanks for droppin by Lynn, We got those winds out of the west right now. Warm but the wind cools it down big time. We have been fogged in and overcast for the last couple of days so I haven't seen a star. Had a chance to listen to The Turtle Mountain Boys at work the other day. I really enjoyed it. Tell the Turtle Mountain Boys they have a fan. Red Green is a guy who pokes fun of us Canadian Men. Talks about us fixin stuff with duck tape and being in corny clubs and such. I don't know what channel he is on because to tell the truth I never watch him or any TV for that matter. Merry Christmas to you and Turtle Mountain Boys.