Friday, November 17, 2006

An Introduction

Hello, My name is Guy, This is my first try at blogging so hold on and we will see where this takes us. I got the idea to do this from reading a few blogs that really impressed me. Northern Farmer http://www.scepaniakfarms.com/blog/and KS Milkmaid http://www.fullerfamilyfarms.com/topics/blog/ are neat blogs and I find them both entertaining and educational. These folks are what I call good people. Never actually met them but kind of feel I know them through their blog. They don't know me from a hill of beans. Got the feelin if the world was full of these type of people things might be a whole lot better. They seem to know what they want and it aint nothin fancy. Just want to live a good life with their families. This in a nut shell is where we come from and want to be. Guess that is why I enjoy their blogs and in around about way their company. If you are into fancy holidays and possesions this ain't the blog for you. If you want to talk family, work, good food, homesteading and such, you may want to set for a spell.

Any how, I live in a rural area of Manitoba Canada on a small farm. Closest town is Cooks Creek. 1 General Store, 2 churches, a museum and an old folks home. Real big town. I'm married and have 3 children. I guess me and my family are about the closest thing there is to a good old fashion hillbilly. Me and the wife both work out. We try (and I do mean try) to farm. Not very good at it yet. That old joke comes to mind when I talk about us farmin. Someone asked what I would do if I won a million dollars and I told them I would just keep on farmin until it was all gone. When I thought of doing this deal I thought I would have lots to say but all of a sudden nothen. Lets see. Told ya all I have 3 children. 2 girls and a boy. Wife and girls are into horses. Son is into working with his old man in his shop and dirt bikes. Our life is about as simple as it gets and we like it that way. We watch almost no TV (except racing and rodeo), eat mostly food that has been either raised/killed by us or by one of the local farmers and work. If I go to sayin something you want to comment on feel free. I got big shoulders and can take the good and the bad. Please, no bad language or disrespect to my family. Ya got to appreciate that. A day in our home starts at 5:30 am and usualy ends about 10:30 pm. Between those times we eat, work and enjoy each other as a family. Work is not a 4 letter work in our deal. Work is what keeps us going as a family and what gives us purpose. The busier the better. Now I am not sayin we don't sit and listen to some good music in the evening. Heck we do that most evenings but it is usually for an hour or so before we hit the hay. Have to unwind before you retire or your mind just keeps a workin and you can't get to sleep. Some will know exactly what I am on about and some will be a wondrin what is he talkin about. To those that don't understand you all ain't workin hard enough. Well I am going to post this and see what happens. I will be back in a day or so and start sharing some of my life experiences with ya. Like anyone wants to here about this. Talk to ya ll later.

No comments: