Wednesday, November 29, 2006

We Got Some Snow

Lookin like Christmas here in Canada. Less than a month away, I can't believe how fast time is passing by. We got about 6 - 8 inches of snow early this week and are gettin more as I type. Not too bad but it has everything lookin like winter now. Don't have the internet at home up and runnin yet. I have subscribed but there is something wrong with the computor. It won't dial up so it is in the shop for diagnostic work. I am hoping it is a "try to figue things out" but I am pretty darn sure it will be "diagnostic" work (see previous post for explanation on diferences). Everyday they tell me it is going to be ready tomorrow. May just save up and buy a new one if the cost gets too high to repair. I was over visiting ND Homekeepers blog and they are feeling the effects of the snow and cold like us (maybe a little more than us).

I have been fellin poorly over the last week. Got some kind of flu or cold. Cough until my sides hurt. This has caused me to be a bit on the lazy side. Still been goin to work but when I get home I don't have much left. The family has been good to me and helped all they can. I need to get the tractor goin this weekend and clean up the snow though.

Wifes birthday is comin up. Maybe I will get her a new pitch fork. What do ya say Tom? How do ya think that would go over? It will mean a night out for some supper. We usually go out twice a year for a supper. Mothers day and the Wife's birthday. I won't say how old she is but she is a year younger than me and I'm a year younger than the Northern Farmer (I think).

Had a neat thing happen to us the other day. A real example of what country folk are all about. One of our neighbors phoned us up and asked if we had any eggs to spare. Her hens could not keep up with her customers demands. We had some so she said she would drop by and pick them up. No one talked money. When she got to our place she asked what do you sell your eggs for? Wife says a $1.75/ doz.. She says she sells hers for $2.00/ doz and insists on payin us the same. She would have it no other way. Said she was happy we could help and asked why we sold our eggs so cheap. Well, actually most of our customers whine about the price now and we don't think they would buy at $2.00/ doz. Said if we want she will sell all we have for $2.00/ doz. Now she could have easily givin us the price we asked and we honestly wouldn't of cared one hoot. What do you think our opinion is of this neighbor? She was and is good people. I have stood behind some people in at a checkout who have held up the line for 10 min. because they are questioning a dime difference. And those people weren't wearin no bib overalls either, if you get my drift.

This is goin to be short, I got to get back at er. I put one of them counters on my blog to see if anyone actually reads this stuff. Think I am up to 17 and 16 of those was me seein if anyone had visited. Talk to ya all soon. Things couldn't get better n this.

4 comments:

Lynn Bartlett said...

I sure am enjoying your blog! By the way, I wish you would keep those cold blasts of air up there where they belong -- we are in the throes of another cold spell tonight! Thankfully, a combination of floor heat/woodstove has been doing a better job of keeping us warm.

Happy Birthday to your wife; we must be of the same generation, since I think Tom and I recently became the same age!

Anonymous said...

Well I'm gonna be 51 come the 13th. Presents, huge money donations and the like are always accepted by the way. I got enough pitchforks :)
As far as the pitchfork for the wife, I wouldn't recomend it as it can be used against you, and probably will be once she finds out what you got her! Always buy the wife something that can't be used as a weapon against you, just a bit of advice. Hmm, it's been a while since I gave love advice on my blog, second thought I'll probably wait a while longer before delving into that subject again!
Take care up there!

Tom

Goodolboy said...

Thanks for droppin by you two, Hey Tom, the 13th is my wifes birthday too. Thanks for the advice Tom, Think I will take it. Shes sure cold today, Hope you guys can stay warm. The winds here are strong and out of the North. Clear and cold. I been thinkin about your family Lynn. Hope you all have some kind of wind break around the house. Talk to ya all soon.

Anonymous said...

Well you make sure you tell your wife Happy Birthday from me! Us people born on the thirteenth gotta stick together!
Windy here tonight too, cold, brrr!

Tom