Friday, November 24, 2006

Weekends here.

Friday evening here in Cooks Creek. We got a little snow last night but nothing really to speak of. Glad the week is over and I can spend the weekend working around here. All in all the week was good. Work went well except for 1 job that has been beaten me up real good. We have a truck in the shop that has a parasitic draw on the batteries (kills the batteries). Hours of diagnostics has me about where I started. Don’t you just love that word? “Diagnostics” When you “diagnose” something you charge a hundred dollars an hour. If you “problem solve” you can charge fifty dollars an hour and if you are “trying to figure it out” it is free. They all mean the same thing but we like to diagnose stuff more than trying and figure stuff out. I’ll get back at her Monday and get er done for sure. Just need to give the head a bit of a break and start fresh.

The young uns all got mid-term report cards this week. Youngest and oldest did ok I guess, nothen to write home about but my middle daughter did real good. Got to be proud of her. She is the comic of the family. Always pulling something on somebody. You got to watch your back with that one. Don’t get down on me for the way I talk about my kids. I believe in telling it like it is. They do poorly, I say so. They got to know that I say what I mean. When they do good and I praise them they know it is the real deal. The gals are downstairs doing supper dishes and singing hymns. As I sit up here typing this I got to smile and think how good we got it. We ain’t rich but we are happy. Maybe we are too slow in the head to know how bad we got it and don’t know enough to be sad. Yea, we got it good and I know it.

I was reading a blog today at lunch about a lady who is going through some tough deal. She is one tough gal. She has her faith to help her but all the same she is tough. When I say tough what I really mean is strong. I could not go through what she is going through and keep on goin like she does. She wrote a real touching blog and I had a lump in my throat after I read it but I didn’t get the impression she wanted people to feel sorry for her. She was just tellin her feelings. When you hear about stuff like what people are going through it makes you appreciate what you got. I guess you got to have some bad times to know the good times. I don’t think it would help much coming from me but I even said a little prayer for her and her family. Ya never know. Couldn’t hurt.

Tomorrow I got to get that trailer completed and out of the shop. I will tell the story about this trailer another time. The short version is I bought it at a farm auction and I’m a dim wit. Then I got to build some nesting boxes and service my truck. I like working in the shop Saturday afternoon because one of the local radio stations plays the old country music. Looking forward to it.

We might be able to hook up the internet here this weekend. You see, we don’t have the internet at our place. What I been doin is puttin my blogs on disc and puttin them on the net at work. Well we may just sell the farm and go whole hog and see if we can subscribe to the internet. The main reason is for the kids school projects but I also want it to research farm stuff and now blog.

If anyone happens to pass by this way I would like to welcome ya and invite you to set a spell and say hello. Always could use some new friends.

No comments: