Saturday, January 6, 2007

New Driver in the Family

Hello all, Warm record breakin temperatures here in Cooks Creek this week. The snow was meltin yesterday but today it has cooled but still nice for this time of year. It felt like spring but I am not foolish enough to fall into that trap. Winter will come. Although I have been sayin that for 2 months now and we really haven’t seen any signs of it yet. I have mixed feelins about the warm weather. It is sure easier to do your chores and is easier on equipment and all but it is hard on people’s health. Colds and the flu are everywhere. People hacking and coughin. I put it up to the warm weather allowing the germs to survive and get hold of everyone. Seems once the deep cold sets in the rate of illness goes down big time.

I received my Wizbangchickenplucker book in the mail this week. Something happened with this company, Cumberland Books that I am still shaken my head over and really can’t believe it happened. I have been waitin for these plans to show up all week. Felt like that little kid in that movie The Christmas Story who was waitin for his package from Ovaltine with the Magic Decoder Ring. Everyday I would stop at the mailbox hopin it would come and late this week it did. I opened the package and there was the book and a handwritten letter. It said “Dear Guy, Here is your copy of the book you ordered but the credit card number you supplied would not go through. Please give us a call when you can so we can straighten this out.” Those weren’t the exact words but it went something like that. Can you believe that! I got to tell ya, I have never been treated like this before. They trust me completely! Here’s your book, even though you haven’t paid for it but we trust you will. You can’t even get most companies to ship COD anymore. I gave them a call next mornin and everything is straightened out. Still can’t believe there is still a company out there that treats people like that. I thought those days were long gone. The more I hang around this bloggin thing the more good people I meet. Does a body good to be involved with people like that. Cumberland Books you are good people in my book.

We have another driver in the family. Oldest daughter finally got her driver’s license Friday. Third time a charm. She was sure getting discouraged. She did her driving test twice and had failed. I think she kind of went with the feelin she was goin to fail again so she would just go and get it over with. Man, she was one happy gal. Dad and Mom are happy too. No more havin to drive her to work and such. She took the truck to work this mornin and she was proud as punch. Everyone at the stable were high fivin her and congratulatin her. They knew how much she wanted it. A lady phoned her this week and asked her if she was interested in lookin after some polo ponies for her while she was away. She wants to do this real bad but the place is too far to walk and it is too dark to ride in the evening. I told her I wasn’t drivin her so if she can get her license she can do it. First thing she did when she got home was phone and let that lady know she was interested in the job.

Wife and daughter are goin to be busy for the next month doin sets and props for the church play. Church puts on some dinner theaters to raise money. It’s a big deal around here. I think they do 16 shows and everyone of them is sold out months in advance.

Well it is getting late so I will say good nite. Keep your stick on the ice. Oh yea, Who won the Junior Campionship this week? CANADA. 3 in a Row. Sorry, Just had to brag on that a little.

1 comment:

Tom Scepaniak said...

Cumberland Books is about the best outfit anyone can work with! Which reminds me I'd better order some books from them.
I got a new driver coming up this year, daughter Rachel will be getting her permit in a few weeks, then'll go for the farmers license at age 15. I think they get about a 20 mile range to drive for the farm then. Basically can go anywhere as long as she takes the old farm truck cause there ain't no question that it's a farm truck!