Tuesday, February 27, 2007

February 27, 2007

Still snowing here in the great white north. The weather is gray and dismal. Haven’t seen the sun for many days. At least the temperatures are mild. Still not melting but pretty darn close.

I have some vacation time that I need to use or loose so I was off work today. Bein the good husband and dad I am, I took it upon myself to make supper. Now I got to tell ya, I make the best home made soup in the area, the whole country, and maybe even the world. And, I out did myself again today with another great soup. When the wife got home from work she whipped up a batch of homemade biscuits and that was our supper. Hmmmm good! Ya ain’t goin to find better food than that or food that is better for ya. Soup has everything a body needs. Grain, vegetables, meat, water (couldn’t work any fruit or dairy into it though). So now that ya all know I am the best soup maker in the whole world what else do I have to tell ya.

The other day I was walkin through the hardware store pickin up a motor and bearings for my chicken plucker. They had these little hand crank gristmills on sale for 15 bucks. Well I had to have one. Don’t need one, didn’t want one (until the moment I saw them) but I just had to get one. So I did. I am not usually one to make unnecessary purchases but every once in a blue moon ya see something ya just got to have. Anyway, I bought it and bring it home and the wife says what ya goin to do with that? Well um, ah, um, well, Then as quick as a wink it comes to me. I blurt out; I’m goin to make my own grits. So that is what I am goin to do with the little hand grinder. Lucky I bought it when I did. I knew it was a necessary purchase, just hadn’t figured out what it was necessary for until that moment.

Got to buy some more hay for the horses. Man, those things go through that stuff. Guess that is why they call them hay burners. With the cold weather they packed it away double time. Of course what goes in has to come out. For every 10 lbs. that goes in 20 lbs. comes out. Not sure how that works but it sure seems like it does. Come to think of it, it works like that for all animals. Especially when ya have to clean it up and move it around.

Wood is getting low too. That’s it once the wood runs out, I demand the weather warms up and we get on with spring. There that does it, all I got to do now is use up all my wood and spring will be here.

Tonight at supper we got to talkin about food and what a person really needs to survive and be happy. As I mentioned before we were havin my world famous soup, which is about as basic as food gets. We started talkin about how cool would it be to have Jesus over for supper. To have him sit down with us and have some of my famous soup and the wife’s home made biscuits. Would he approve of a meal like that? Would he enjoy that type of meal? What would ya talk about? Think about it! Your sittin down to supper there is a knock at the door and it is Jesus. Ya say welcome Jesus how about some supper and he says sure don’t mind if I do. Hey Guy, I see ya made some of your world famous soup. Ya all must of known I was comin. We sit down and have supper and chew the fat. Man that gives me goose bumps just thinkin about it. What a wild thought. Or is it? What ya all think? Could happen. Could happen anyday. If that don’t make ya think, nothin will.

Well that is it for tonight. Time for a cup of joe and off to bed for this ol boy. Ya all take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brother, Jesus is with you (supper time included) everytime you give praise and lift the Father up in Jesus' name. Amen.

Goodolboy said...

Thanks for droppin by Zed. And thanks for the encouragemnt. Take care.