Sunday, April 1, 2007

April 1, 2007 Last Post

This will be my last blog, Some people have made some comments on my abilities with the english language, the inappropriate jokes and the useless content in my blog. I do not want to offend anyone. When I started this blog it was too be all in fun. If I have hurt anyone's feelings or I have offended anyone I am truly sorry. So for old time sake, one more post.

Cold wet snow comin down here in Cooks Creek. And to make matters worse it is stayin around. The barometer is droppin so this weather is goin to get worse before it gets better. Such is life in Cooks Creek.

On the bright side I bought a new wheelbarrow yesterday. They were on sale at the hardware store for ½ price so I picked one up yesterday morning. Now this puts me in a whole new league. We are a two-wheelbarrow farm now. Now some folks would get and uppity and snooty when they owned two wheelbarrows. Kind of look down on the families that only has one wheelbarrow. Not me. This ain’t goin to change me one bit. I know where I came from. I know my roots. I was a one wheelbarrow farm for a good many years so I know how that feels. I’m still the same goodolboy I was when I only had one wheelbarrow. Still as down to earth as I ever was. Still as country as a lump of dirt. No sir. The fame that comes with owning two wheelbarrows will not go to my head.

On the subject of that wheelbarrow. Did you know when ya buy a new 2007 deluxe state of the art wheelbarrow it comes in pieces and ya all have to put it together yourself? I picked up my new wheelbarrow yesterday morning or should I say the parts to my new wheelbarrow. Brought it home and took all the parts and pieces into the shop. I had to go out again so my son (age 9) asks if he can put it together. I say, “sure son”. Ya all know where the tools are. Knock yourself out and have fun. Off I went not expectin him to get the thing together and fully expected him give up tryin in a short time. When I say the thing came in pieces I am not jokin. There was not one part of the thing that was assembled. Anyway to make a long story short I came home and he had it together and it was perfect. I was amazed and rather proud. I have seen grown men have difficulty assemblin some stuff like that. He even told me he had left all the bolts finger tight until I inspected it. Right on the money. Good job son and thanks to you one less job I have to do. I don’t think I give ya enough credit some times.

We had a neat experience this morning. We went to Church. Ya are all sayin “big deal, you and half the world went to church this mornin”. “What’s so neat about that”? Well we went to church in a barn. Yep, an old barn that has been converted into a church. It is called Willowdale Fellowship. Pastors name is Norm Neufeld. Pastor Neufeld has converted an old barn on his property into a church. We attended for the first time and it was the most enjoyable experience. No fancy stained glass windows or fancy pews. No suits and ties (which I really liked) or all the stuff that is associated with formal church. The church was full of yung-uns. My wife phoned Pastor Neufeld yesterday afternoon to ask about the church (they have a small blurb in the local paper). He said they are tryin to follow Jesus without the religion. I was not sure what that meant but I sure enjoyed myself this morning. Then after church we were invited to have a bowl of homemade soup (which was the best) and buns. We all met some very nice people that made us feel very welcome. What a great experience it was. Lookin forward to the next time. This deal is right here in Cooks Creek. Almost in our back yard. Who knew.

Time for one more joke, this one comes from my youngest daughter.

There was a man who came from the city wanting to start a chicken farm of his very own. He went a local hatchery to buy some chicks to start his farm. He went in and purchased 500 fine White Rocks chicks. The next week he came back to the hatchery and purchased 500 top quality Rhode Island Reds chicks. The following week it was 500 Cornish chicks and so on and so on for many weeks. Finally, the hatchery man could stand it no longer and said, "Wow you must be starting a huge poultry farm with all of these chicks!" "Not so big really, "said the city slicker, "I'm just having a little trouble with this first crop. I can't tell if I'm planting them too deep or too close together."

I know they’re getting worse.

Keep your stick on the ice.

Oh Yea, April Fools, I'll be back. ;-)

10 comments:

Lynn Bartlett said...

I guess I don't know your sense of humor well enough -- you had me scared! I like your jokes, and will have to make sure I tell the boys this last one!

When is your wife going to start blogging??

Goodolboy said...

Hi Lynn, I have suggested Cheryl start a blog but she has no interest. Mostly because it involves the computor. She says she is scared of it but th3e truth is she has no interest in these things. I still can't get your movie on your blog to work. Has the mud taken over your place like it has ours?

Tom Scepaniak said...

Whew, had me going there with that April Fools stuff, egad!

I perked up on full alert when you wrote about going to church in that barn. Yee Haw!!! Talk about a thing of interest to me! That's one of my biggest visions in life! But rather than bore you with it all I just will say a big THANK YOU for posting about it! And I don't want to bore folks with my feelings about "religion".
Anyway, it sounds like a great place to worship Jesus! Glory!!

Tom

Chris said...

Guy,
I was a little worried there for a bit! I have to agree with Northern Farmer about the barn church, what a wonderful blessing! Actually, that is one of my deep down secret dreams, to convert a barn to a place where God's people can gather. I have the barn but right now it's a place for the livestock to gather! Even though I have a nice little country church to attend, I still am starving for some life in the fellowship. This church consists of people that attend because their grandmother want there when she was a little girl, there is no spiritual life at all other than with the pastor. When I lead the song service I feel like a soloist, actually, I am singing solo and I can't sing! At the end of the message I think I must be one of the only people awake. It's really sad and I wish so much that there were some real, dedicated christians around here that had a little life about them. My 102 year old neighbor lady says that when it's really important you get on your knees. I think this is really important so knees it is! God will fix this up in His own good time!
Have a great day!

Goodolboy said...

Hi Tom, Haven't talked to ya all in a spell. The barn church was sure neat. To put it in perspective, I was there for two hours and people got up and started gettin their stuff and children together to go home and I,m thinkin man, its time to go already, we just got here. This was comin from a guy that used to watch the clock in church. The church/barn is small but there was more yung-uns than I have ever seen in a church. Everything from wee babies to 20 year olds. And ya could tell they wanted to be there. Can't wait to go back for another visit.
Hey Tom I'd like to hear about your vision. I got a vision. It involves a big ol barn, all the bloggers we read and talk to, big ol barbeque and Turtle Mountain Boys playin gospel bluegrass on a Sunny Sunday afternoon. What ya say to that?

Goodolboy said...

Howdy Chris, We were members of a church in town. Something was missing. Don't get me wrong, the people were/are real nice and friendly but ...... Don't even know what to say after that. I used to force myself to go and as I wrote in my reply to Tom would watch the clock thinkin how can that second hand move so slow. Most of the time I didn't even know what the preacher preached because it never excited me. The final straw was they became politically correct in their beliefs on who can get married. I packed er up and went home. Until this Sunday we did our own thing at home watchin Church of the Rock on TV. But, your right a body needs fellowship. Keep lookin friend it will come. To tell ya the truth when Tom talks about his Little Bible Believin Church I get a little jealous. Now as for singin, I don't cause I can't. Tell ya a story. My wife and daughter can sing real nice. They sing ol time gospel songs. Well one day I decided to tape them. Turned out real good. Then I decided to join in. It was bad, real bad. I thought I could sing. When I sung it sounded good to my ear but when I heard what was comin out of that recorder I have never sung in public again and won't. I'll clap, whistle, tap my foot or whatever but I will not sing. No one or anything should have to listen to that. Talk to ya soon

Tom Scepaniak said...

Hmm, I say that sounds like a winner! It's just going to have to happen, a get together sometime. It seems like all the bloggers from the region are pretty much in one accord and would have a great time. Plus I'd sure enjoy meeting the bunch. I've met everyone that blogs on Northern Farmer personally and a great bunch they are, and it wouldn't hurt to expand on that!

By the way, this weather is a bummer :)

Tom

Anonymous said...

hey! I wants disturb you!


[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]

[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]

Anonymous said...

get facebook likes
buy facebook likes

http://www.favias.org/page/resume http://www.roughstock.com/history/urban-cowboy#comments
facebook likes buy facebook likes buy facebook likes
The same day I uninstalled IE8 because it wasn't displaying pages correctly Zone Alarm Firewall popped up an alert stateing IE was trying to access the internet - after I uninstalled it. I hit the deny button, but needless to say, I'm a little confused here. I'm running Windows XP SP3 on an HP Pavilion d4100e with Avira & ZA anti-virus suites & Windows Defender (they all seem to get along OK) & I run daily anti-virus scans. I uninstalled IE8 using "Add/Remove Windows Components" in the "Add/Remove Programs" feature of Control Panel. Does anyone out there have a clue? I'm posting this before trying my own Google search.

buy facebook likes 1000 facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]1000 facebook likes [/url] facebook likes

Anonymous said...

ZrwXwqXjsSyh [url=http://nike02.blog.fc2blog.net/]ハイカットナイキ[/url] WldGzwFibKzd[url=http://nike-air98.webnode.jp/]nike air[/url] YssSgrIbpNaa [url=http://nike09.webnode.jp/]シューズナイキ[/url] CeeBhmLavDos [url=http://adidas833.webnode.jp/]アディダス[/url]ZvvHeeHvyCsj [url=http://nike76.webnode.jp/]ナイキ air[/url]TuePreRqiKro [url=http://nike141.webnode.jp/]スニーカー nike[/url] IijKygUrhGqo [url=http://adidas75.webnode.jp/] スニーカー[/url] MoeQhaToqHrg [url=http://adidas12.webnode.jp/]アディダスゴルフ[/url]