Saturday, November 10, 2007

November 10, 2007

How ya all doin. I am doing great, any better and I'd be suspicious. The good Lord has givin me another day to complete some work before winter. I have been askin him for another day, and another day, and another day of decent weather for the last couple of weeks and he just keeps handin them too me.

It is our turn to do soup in our little barn church tomorrow. Every Sunday after our service we all set down and have a bowl of soup together and visit. It has become the highlight of my week. Anyway, it is our turn to do the soup so there is this big pot of chicken soup on the stove and man, does it smell good. That little barn church has sure become sumthin special to our family. I thank my maker every day that he showed us the way there. The church is in our Pastors yard and is on the banks of the Cooks Creek. Now, let me tell ya on Sunday morning at 10 oclock we start. We ain't big, but the singin and music that is comin out of that little barn is second to none. I alway picture someone comin down the creek in a canoe and as they approach the church they hear us a singin and praisin the good Lord. Man, that would leave a lump in your throat for sure.

My son is under the weather some. On Thursday I got a call from my wife that he was sicker than old Joe Coots dog. So at lunch time I picked him up and brought him home. Friday he was fine but then it started again on Friday night. He is still under the weather but seems to be on the mend. Hopefully he will back in the saddle tomorrow. He is a tough little fella and not too much will get him down but this flu bug has knocked him on his butt.

Ya all got a favorite passage in the bible. I do. I found it a couple of weeks ago and I bet I have read it over three dozen times. When I first found it I thought it was written special for me. Ya want to know what it is?

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you. So that your daily life will win the respect of outsiders and so you will not be dependant on anyone."

1st Thessalonians, Chapter 4 verse 11 & 12. Man, that says it all. That is what I try to do. That is what I want to do everyday. If I can go to my maker and they say he led a quiet life and minded his own business and didn't depend on anyone. In my mind, I will have been a success.

How about a joke. I'm a hillbilly redneck rascal so I'll tell ya one that hits close to home.

Ya might be a Redneck if;

Ya all come back from the dump with more than you took.

Ya, me and my daughter went to the dump this morning and we came back with more than we took. Came back with a truck load of cinder blocks. Why would anyone throw away good cinder blocks.

Well, Ya all take er easy or anyway ya can. Talk to ya all soon.

3 comments:

Tom Scepaniak said...

Good to see you posting again!! Although I had my guard down and didn't check here for a bit, now I'll be back a little more regular.

Sounds familiar, your barn church and the food afterwards. I know I'm all excite this morning because it's Sunday, got most of the chores started yesterday evening so it'll go quicker today.

Funny how you should mention favorite Bible verses. Got me thinking. I don't know off hand there's so many. In fact last evening over at Healing Waters I was bound and determined to figure out how to put Bible verses on the side bar. Now folks that know anything at all about blogging can calm down from their laughing at me now, cause I have the hardest time trying to figure out how to setup a blog. But I kinda stumbled through it last evening and this morning I figured out a shortcut compared to what I figured out last night. Progress eh! But anyway I'll be posting Bible verses regularly on the sidebar, for myself mostly but also to go with the theme of the blog, faith.
I tell you, I hope winter holds off a bit yet cause we got the cows on a huge stockpile of grass out in the swamp.But I Praise Jesus for the weather we've already had!
Good to see you back, I'll be back quite a bit more now!!!

Tom

Goodolboy said...

gcsHey Tom, Thanks for droppin by. Good to hear from ya. The good Lord came through again today and gave me another great day (both weather and life in general). I was over your way and was readin about your old barn. I was wonderin if you were thinkin good old fashion revival in that old barn. Tell ya what. Ya have one and ya invite me I'm comin (If they will let me across the border with all their new rules and such.

Guy

Tom Scepaniak said...

Well, I don't know about that old barn cause it's full of steers and my four butcher hogs, plus a horse so it ain't exactly what I'd call the right place for a revival meeting :) Rather aromatic you know!

But you just never know what will happen in this area in the near future. Blogging has it's rewards here and there and there might be a revival preacher coming next summer for a tent meeting up our way because of the blogs. God works in mysterious ways sometimes! If that old fashioned tent meeting becomes a reality I will be hollering it out so folks can come from far and wide and to all the ships at sea too!!

Sure was a beautiful day here too! I can't imagine it any better for this time of the year! WOW!