Thursday, November 29, 2007

November 29, 2007 The Roles of Men and Women

Good evening from Cooks Creek. Extreme cold has set in here. The mild fall has turned into winter. We are really feelin the cold since we did not get a chance to adapt. It went from a mild 30 to -30 in a heart beat. About 5 inches of snow on the ground. This is not uncommon for this time of year. It is the big fluctuation in temperature that has us all scrambling for the warm indoors.

Last Sunday our Pastor talked on 1 Timothy Chapter 2. Now anyone that knows the Bible is goin to know this area is a touchy subject to some. The role of men and women is always a thing that has people treading lightly. I listened and pondered and listened and pondered some more. I do a lot of ponderin in church. I don’t say much, just think and listen. Better to keep my mouth shut and people only think I’m stupid than to open my mouth and remove all doubt. Anyway, where was I? Oh yea, men and women. On Sunday evening, me and the Mrs. started talking about what our Preacher was talking about. Kind of had a little Bible study. Just the two of us. It went on till midnight. Needless to say I was tired the next day cause my day starts at 5:00 am. I’m not stallin, really I’m not. Just keep getting side tracked. Now where was I again? Oh yea. Me and the wife were talking about men and women and what their roles should be.
We started by layin out what we knew for sure. Kind of no brainers. What I am about to blog is what the wife and I came up with in our discussion on Sunday night.

Men and women are different emotionally.

Women and men are different physically. (notice how I put men first once then women first the next time, got to be politically correct ya know)

Women bare children.

Women need men to have children.

Men need women and women need men to fulfill their lives.

Without men or without women, humans would become extinct in a few short years.

Leadership and superiority is not the same thing.

Leadership is required to maintain order.

The family is important to civilization.

Raisin children is the most important job anyone will ever do.

Self worth is in the mind of the beholder.

Modern society’s belief of the importance of a person’s work and roles are not important in the whole scheme of things.

God loves both men and women the same.

In the Bible, God is referenced as a male.

God is the father of all man kind.

There are specific references in the Bible as to what the roles of a man should be and what a woman should be.

The Bible is the truth.

In nature, females and males of any species have specific roles.

This is what me and my wife come up with. I don’t think anyone can argue against any of these points with much conviction. I’m goin to leave this for tonight and let ya all think on this a spell. I will come back to it in my next post and let ya all know what me and the wife come up with. And yes, we do agree on this. We are both on the same page so to speak.

How about a joke to ease the tention a little. I know I probably am committing blog suicide here with addressing this topic but if ya can’t write what ya think and believe there ain’t no use writin anything at all.

A wife goes to bed at night irritated at her husband so she decides to pray, and this is what she said "God give me tolerance for my husbands stupidity, give me wisdom to understand him, give me forgiveness to forgive him of his ignorance, but please God I beg of thee don’t give me strength cause I’ll kill him!"

Part 2 will be comin at ya soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings! I came across your blog (I think it was through Herrick's blog...) and I am enjoying it. I saw in one of your older posts that you were worrying about not posting more. Don't worry about it and don't give up. Do what you can. It is mighty cold around here, too, right now. (Ohio) Praise the Lord! :-D