Thursday, March 13, 2008

March 13, 2008

Man, two posts in less than a week. I must be a power blogger or something. Actually, I don't know how some of my fellow bloggers do it. They blog consistently. Got to admire them for their time management skills. I can never get enough time to commit to my blog. Many times, it is month or more before I get back to posting another entry on my blog. I sure do like readin other blogs though. So I hope they keep up the good work so I can continue enjoyin them.

Spring is tryin hard to come. Yesterday and today were both nice days, above freezin. Got rid of a little snow, got a little Manitoba gumbo showing itself. I love spring. It is the start of everything new. New plants, new baby critters, new season, birds will be comin back, (no geese yet, saw a crow though) new mosquitoes and wood tics (well not those). General store here in Cooks Creek gives $25 hard cash for the first wood tic of the year. Being the business man I am, I was going to come into my fortune by doing some financial planning. I got me a tic last year and put it in a jar and was tryin to keep it for this year. Be the first to turn it into the store and collect my windfall. Didn't work. Tic died. Then again, not sure if it has to be a live tic. No matter, I threw it away last summer. I guess I'm just not cut out for business investments. I'll just stick to fixin cars and tryin to farm. Got to admit I sure could of used that 25 bucks. Maybe I can go out in the field and lay there as bait and do it proper. A fella would have to get an early start. Might take a few weeks, it is a gamble but it may be another way for a quick bit of cash. Would be the easiest 25 I ever earned. Just go out in a field and lay there real quiet like and wait to feel a tic on ya. Have to give it some thought.

Anyway, I was talking to a buddy of mine who lives in Churchill, Manitoba. It was – 54 there last week. I am never goin to complain about our weather again. Minus 54 ain’t even a temperature. It is more of a torture. I guess ya would ask, why would anyone live in Churchill. Well Churchill is Manitoba’s one and only sea port. It is on the coast of Hudson Bay. In the summer time import and export via ship is their claim to fame. That and polar bears. I think they are the polar bear capital of the world or something. Never been up there but almost got to go a couple of weeks ago with work. The deal fell through so I never got the opportunity. Man, 54 below, not sure if I am disappointed or not. In that temperature the hydraulics on equipment are going to fail. Thinkin of goin up there and sellin hydraulic hoses and fittings. Could make a fortune. Maybe another opportunity for me if the tic venture doesn’t work out. My buddy is suppose to send me a quarter of a moose if he can find a pilot who will take it down here for him. Now there would be some good eatin. I like moose better than beef.

Easter is next week. Early this year. Another reason I love spring. Easter. Celebrating the resurrection of Jesus. Our church and some other churches in the area are getting together on Good Friday for a service. Kind of a mega service. Chance to have some fellowship with brothers and sisters in other churches. Should be a big time.

Well, got to take off. Wife said if I showed up at the school around luch time she would buy me lunch. Now, this ol boy has never passed up a free lunch and he ain't about to start today. So ya all take er easy.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Good to hear from you! I'll have to agree with you, God has dealt with evil and wickedness before and can/will do it again,that's a reassuring thought.
I sure am looking forward to spring but not the ticks, I hear gunea hens will seriously lower their population so I bought some,God willing I'll have a lower population of the miserable ticks.